October Backstretch Newsletter - from Century Downs!
Thank you to the individuals and stables that have offered sponsorship for the onthly awards! We will be looking for your help again next year. Have a safe nd warm winter Horsemen!
Monthly Awards for October
- Backstretch Person – Frank Riozz - Award sponsor – Century Downs Racetrac nd Casino
- Pony Person – Jaline Munkholm - Award sponsor – Horse Industry Association of AB
- Exercise Rider – Chris Fearon – Award Sponsor – Reid Racing Stable (Dr. Reid)
- Shedrow of the month – Ernie Keller Stable - Award Sponsor – Century Down acetrack and Casino.
- Congratulations to all of the winners!
- HBPA of Alberta is hosting a Horsemen’s wrap-up lunch Thursday November 2nd from 11:30 am – 1:30 pm on the 2nd floor Homestretch Room at Century Downs Racetrack and Casino. All backstretch workers are welcome!
- The HBPA is looking to hire someone to haul up the 3 ice machines back to Edmonton at the end of the meet. Please see Theresa Sealy for details.
- Attention Trainers – Please clear up your accounts with the Horsemen’ Bookkeeper ASAP. You will need clearance to pick up your horse papers.
- All Horsemen with a valid HRA license receive a 25% discount at Century Downs Mid City Grill on meals excluding race days from 12:00 – last race and food specials.
- Shavings Billing for Century 2017 – Trainers are billed at the end of each month. It is the Trainer's responsibility to report any unused stalls to the bookkeeper. Trainer's invoices will be withdrawn from your account with the horsemen’s bookkeeper.
- The Days Inn just north-east of Century Downs is open with a $99 horsemen’s rate or a $455 weekly rate that includes breakfast – call 1-877-516-3297
- Dental, eye, and hearing subsidies from HBPA are available. You must have held a HRA license for a minimum of 90 days to be eligible. You can pick up your forms from Theresa Sealy and the deadline to have them in is November 3rd!
From Jackson Wittup:
- I would like to thank all Horsemen and Century Downs staff for their patience During the set up and first couple weeks of the meet. It was a big learning curve for all of us and there were very few major problems.
- I would like to wish all the Horsemen the best of luck in whatever direction they take for the next few months and looking forward to seeing you next fall at Century Downs.